Poverty simply as the lack of resources in abundance not the unavailability.
There is poverty, and there is extreme poverty. If one has made it to this site, he is not extremely poor. He has fewer to begin with not zero to begin with but he can make it because there is a starting point. That’s the type of poverty to be covered in this post. To redefine this type of poverty I can say I am here blogging and I have dropped out of college in my final but I am poor. I was lucky enough to attain my ticket to the college to become an eighth boy to reach college from my village, and my parents bankrolled all my education.
‘What I fear most amongst the folks of our own age is not poverty but failure.’ When I heard this I heard it in the voice of the actress, Natalie Emanuel. And I quickly added that I too fear its consequences, consequences of the kind of poverty I grew up in, a dual squeal that keeps on recurring― an ample scepticism and a life without a why. One way or the other each of these two conditions serves as an inciting cause of the other.
But before I can explain whether poverty or the lack of resources ruins the possibility of your financial success. I need to inform you that when resources are your hindrance you must…
- Be patient, not confident. Only you make yourself a hopeful loser when you fail then keep doing it and that’s better than what a confident loser does when he fails.
- Start with some little thing, if not different to what’s in your dreams. This is what I call passion A to passion B concept and it’s when Elon Musk started with PayPal, sell it for some billions then moved on to start SpaceX and Tesla. It was even more difficult for him to start with Tesla or SpaceX. And I am here blogging to get something to start my bigger project which can not even dare to move out of what I earned since I was born. Passion A to B concept works.
- Stick to a format of discipline that is in SubjectMe (my personal diary), i.e. “doing the right things at the right time and doing the wrong things the wrong way”. What’s success, for instance, in the village I grew up in is one’s ability after marriage (marriage is also success) to pay several hundred dollars in school feeses, to eat a loaf of bread (i.e. the best breakfast) every morning and owning five cattle. I wrongly aimed at success (I discovered true discipline) that is company wealth and it is the right thing to do if real poverty, including poverty in my village and my country is to be escaped.
- Live like an achiever before you are one. Live like a homeless and hopeful Luis Vuitton whose efforts brought a big luxury brand carrying his name.
- Be creative and have a vision first. A vision is where your creativity fills. Vision is a container. Creativity is like water and it means nothing when there is nothing to contain it. Ambition works, too, it can be a funnel to drive your creativity into your vision.
Can poverty ruin one’s path to success? The branching concept.
As someone who grew up in a poor African village, and had to change and face the world with becoming a major industrialist, the branching concept is my own ‘seeing minds’ way of answering the question above. Once we are past the stem stage, the branch each one of us takes makes a difference decides whether s/he’s going to be successful or not. And here I go…
The seed to much of the things happening though the living is interest. Interest by default is usually ‘food first’. It’s centred among the very basics by default before each human gets into better possessions or before s/he attains better means to acquire or create what’s more than food. This also applies to any young one immediately after birth (and it’s only assistance from others beings that changes the game) but to a group of people who are not yet past this stage or are back to this stage. It’s either you’re ‘helpless and therefore without helpers’ or you are extremely poor to fit in this group.
If we’re lucky we get into the stem. This is when, you as an individual or collectively as a family or society, your focus as income rises becomes more on enhancing yourself. Educating yourself is one of the things you can do and it becomes the new basics as food once was. But at this moment you don’t have much to enhance yourself with, and the means to enhance yourself when you do are compromised means. That’s when things do go well for others. Helpers come in to have you attain better enhancement (a scholarship provider in this case).
When enhancement is a done process you reach a stage where you’re no longer worried about feeding yourself or educating yourself. The enhancement is said to be done because you can’t keep enhancing yourself not because it is adequate. The homeless Luis Vuitton didn’t get the best education but his enhancement came in many ways including his punishing life that gave him purpose and a lust to prove that he wasn’t lost. When the best or the most compromised enhancement is done a “breaking-free” stage is reached by all of the enhanced who makes it into independent adulthood.
Three breaking-free branches
1. A glittery lifestyle lures you.
Glittery lifestyle: You wanna look good?
Me: (nodding my head as if I want it to throw it away to where my response is going) Yes!
When we say yes, we can only have to require a lot to support that glittering status and it can either ruin you or erase the possibility of your full impact on society, and your society may still be poor or underresourced. The enhancement process, the education system involved can be there to create a lot of us who picks 1 as a choice. Which is not bad.
You can pick glittery before creating anything else. That’s the beauty of it, because pleasure is enjoyable when even living under a dollar a day. Since I no longer refer to the things that happened before I was born in my family as ‘they’, I would say ‘we used to buy a good collection of suits and the best beer after getting our kids to boarding schools. Our kids would do the same, only to face retirement with zero to enjoy.’
A cycle sort of repeats itself. Fairly good enhancement, in fact far much better than Luis Vuitton’s and not anything close to breaking through.
Choices are the beginning of everything. After choices build a better motive.
2. The middle branch
The glittery branch fails to lure these guys, and nothing big changes. The focus is on sustenance not going up. This branch has the potential to carry some of the happiest individuals on the planet. And it is always the take-off or the nose dive point.
The cycle stated above can again be a thing of the middle.
3. Success and up above
A glittery life fails to lure you. You then pick up from a poor start, the middle and aim higher but it’s not easy. Our Luis Vuitton was enhanced through exposure and he couldn’t have done much in the bag industry without having been in a situation that forced him off the farm and took him to the town where he would become homeless but witness a bigger world where products are produced to sell and sell more than they should. That exposure can be not a place but your imagination.
Unfortunately, it’s formerly taught that a poor start like Luis had or $820 that got Dan Peña one of the most successful Hispanics is not a start for a big business. And generally what needs to start moving first is not the business itself it is the idea. Millions plus the business and no idea, nothing moves.
According to Dan Peña, you need to perform like you wanna achieve (and we have written about and live your success before you get it. But…